Embrace Holistic Wellness with White Tea
Tea has been an intrinsic part of the Indian ethos and perhaps the best accompaniment to scrumptious snacks. The growing health consciousness among Indians has given way to healthier artisanal tea blends such as oolong tea, white tea and green tea. The white tea is among the most minor processed variants of all teas and is considered the most superior flavour loaded with bountiful nutrients and richness of antioxidants. Derived from Camellia sinensis- the same plant that produces black tea and green tea, white tea takes its name from a fine, silver needle in the bud that imparts it a sweet and light taste. Its origins can be traced to antiquity. According to a legend, white tea was accidentally discovered by the Chinese emperor Shen Lung about 5000 years ago when a few white tea leaves fell into his boiled water.
White tea is known to offer a plethora of health benefits. So, if you are a fitness freak and health is among your top goals for this year, consider replacing conventional Assam and masala chai with white tea. For brewing white tea, all you need to do is to boil the water and add two teaspoons of tea leaves. The mixture should be allowed to steep for few minutes and then strained. You can add a sweetener to taste, and your cup of white tea is ready to drink.
Here a few advantages of a cuppa of white tea over your regular tea.
- Aids weight loss
- Improves hair and skin health
- Fights cancer
- Helps control diabetes
- Fights inflammation
- Promotes heart health
- Good for teeth
- Aids digestion
- Increases energy levels and boosts immunity
1. Aids weight loss: White tea tackles obesity by burning fat cells and arresting new ones. It is among the least processed variants and the richness of catechins and polyphenols that help lose weight.
2. Improves hair and skin health:
White tea contains antioxidants that prevent hair fall and dandruff. The EGCG in white tea is known to promote hair growth and fight skin infections by checking the formation of bacteria. It is also known to be effective against psoriasis, wrinkles and wounds.
If you are looking to get rid of acne, you may consider a cup of white tea twice daily. Boiling two white tea bags and applying the solution on your skin after refrigeration will also yield fruitful results. White tea is loaded with antioxidants that eliminate toxins from the body and prevent cellular damage caused by free radicals. It also strengthens the connective tissues of the skin and slows down the ageing process.
3. Fights cancer: A study published in Cancer Prevention Research has found white tea to be more effective than green tea in fighting cancer due to polyphenols and antioxidants. It also contains the highest concentration of catechins that are known to aid in cancer treatment.
4. Helps control diabetes: A combination of a healthy lifestyle, physical activity and a balanced diet is recommended for tackling diabetes. Several studies have found that consuming white tea as a daily beverage is beneficial for the treatment of diabetes. The catechins in white tea are known to treat Type 2 diabetes.
5. Fights inflammation: Since white tea is among the least processed teas, it is rich in antioxidants and has a low caffeine content at 28 milligrams in one 8 oz. cup of tea. It is known to possess excellent inflammatory-priorities for treating flu, influenza and atherosclerosis.
6. Promotes heart health: White tea lowers blood cholesterol, decreases blood pressure, and improves blood vessels' functioning, thereby minimizing the risk of heart disease. A study also found that consumption of white tea slows down the damage caused by the oxidation of heart cells.
7. Good for teeth:
Image: Pexels Pexels Shiny Diamond
White tea contains fluorides, flavonoids and tannins that promote sound oral health. The tannins prevent the formation of plaque and also deactivates the bacteria that cause cavities in teeth.
8. Aids digestion: A cup of white tea is known to relieve stomach cramps and nausea and cure acidity.
9. Increases energy levels and boosts immunity: White tea also contains theanine that increases mental alertness and relieves frayed nerves. It is also known to boost immunity that has become a focus amid the widespread coronavirus.
With a host of health benefits, white tea is a sought-after beverage to embrace wellness and ensure a long and healthy life.
Celes-Te, a luxury tea brand, is a one-stop solution to the finest and impressive varieties of tea to satiate your soul. It also hosts the best types of white tea loaded with the goodness of mint, ginger, chamomile, lemongrass, rosebuds and lavender that complement every occasion.
So, are you ready for a cup of white tea?