Yogurt Ice Cream with Masala Chai Blend: AM PM.
A healthy answer to dessert craving!
By: Anubha Jhawar | March 17, 2021
Cinnamon Sticks – 2-3 small pcs
Cloves – 5
Cardamom – 4
Ginger powder – ½ tea spoon
Black Pepper – 10
Water – ¾th cup
AM PM (Masala Chai Blend) – ¼ cup or less
Vanilla Essence – ½ tea spoon
Saffron – a pinch
Cardamom Powder – ½ tea spoon
Rose Petals – for garnish
Yogurt – 400/500 gms (made from full cream milk)
Brown Sugar – as desired
- To boiling water (3/4th cup) add cinnamon sticks, cloves, cardamom, ginger powder and black pepper corns and leave it covered for an hour.
- Bring this spice concoction to boil. Add AM PM blend and allow it to brew for 10 mins, covered.
- Strain this water and squeeze as much liquid from the tea and spices. Water should be about ½ a cup at this point.
- Add brown sugar and vanilla essence and stir it until it dissolves.
- In a bowl, whisk the yogurt and add the tea and spice mixture to it.
- Add some saffron strands and cardamom power and mix it well.
- Pour this mixture in a container that can be kept in the freezer. Garnish with rose petals and some saffron strands.
- Cover it with a plastic wrap and freeze for 5-6 hours.
- Relish this healthy dessert!